Knuckle boiled in a vegetable broth with legumes and sausages. Traditional recipe from the River Plate region, created in the colonial era.
1. Put the knuckle into a saucepan with cold water and cooking salt.
2. Add carrot, celery, garlic, onion, leak, and a bouquet garnie.
3. Let boil until the knuckle begins to be tender.
4. Add cabbage and potatoes, chorizo, black pudding, and a piece of bacon, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Finally, add precooked corn and chickpeas and let boil for some minutes.
6. Check the taste.
Serve: Within a pumpkin previously roasted for about an hour.
Garnish with: Piron made of broth, tapioca starch and parsley.
Knuckle: A lean hind-quarter cut of considerable size, which allows to be cooked in varied ways.
Tannat 2 to 4 years old (Medium bodied with polished tannins.)
Chef: José Luis Antúnez
Recipe presented at the National & International Chef Competition organized by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the National Meat Institute (INAC) and the National Institute of Viticulture (INAVI). Published in the book “A Tour Throught The Senses. Uruguay Natural.”
# Uruguayan beef