Rump cap roasted in salt crust, with Espinillar (typical Uruguayan liqueur) sauce and butiá fruit chutney garnished with fresh-herb risotto, confit cherry tomatoes, decorated with cheese and leak.
- Marinate the rump cup (250g – 0.55 lb) in Espinillar with some rosemary and pepper grains.
- Roast covered in cooking salt.
- Deglaze with the liqueur used in the marinade.
- As a cooking stock add: meat stock, garni bouquet and butiá fruit chutney, and let cook.
- Add salt and pepper and thicken with a pinch of cold butter.
Garnish with: fresh herb risotto (with butter, vegetable stock, onion and white wine); confit cherry tomatoes and decorate with processed cheese figures and chopped leak.
Beef rump cup: the balanced distribution of this cut’s fat cover makes it taste uniquely delicious when cooked.
2 to 4-year-old Tannat (medium-bodied, polished tannats).
Chef: José Luis Antúnez
Recipe presented at the National Chef Competition organized by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the National Meat Institute (INAC) and the National Institute of Viticulture (INAVI). Published in the book “A Tour Throught The Senses. Uruguay Natural.”
# Uruguayan beef