Barbecued beef rib plates served with crispy potatoes, rocket, onion, tomatoes and Chimichurri sauce.
- Build the tire with wood. The BBQ grill must be next to the tire, not over it. The secret of a good asado, apart from the asador’s skills, lies in the choice ol the wood that will scent the meat.
- When you have enough embers, place them under the grill and spread them evenly.
- Check cooking temperature with the palm of your hand. It is OK when you can hold for 4 seconds.
- Place the salted meat over the grill and cook it slowly. Be aware that the embers release a uniform heat.
- Turn the cut over when meat juices are released.
Garnish with: crispy potatoes, rocket, onion, tomato and chimichurri sauce (prepared with brine-soaked chilli pepper, finely chopped parsley, oregano, thyme. rosemary, garlic, bay leaves, oil and vinegar).
Rib plate: the taste of this particular way of preparing beef ribs, typical of our region, identifies the unique culture and history of Uruguayan people.
0 to 2 years old Tannat (powerful, tannic).
Chef: Federico Amándola
Recipe presented at the National Chef Competition organized by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the National Meat Institute (INAC) and the National Institute of Viticulture (INAVI). Published in the book “A Tour Throught The Senses. Uruguay Natural.”
# Uruguayan beef