Sweetbread with cognac-scented peach sauce served in sweet potato nest on seasonal vegetables.
1. Clean sweetbreads, cut them into i cm-slices and add salt and pepper.
2. Sautee sweetbread slices on a pan with olive oil until golden brown.
3. Add the champignons.
4. Deglaze with cognac and reduce by half.
5. Add demi-glace and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Lastly, add 1 spoonful of honey, 2 spoonfuls of peach marmalade and 1 spoonful of
Butter, and cook for 5 more minutes.
Garnish with: clover-shaped zucchini base, on top of it place some spinach and finally, on it, the sweet potato nest. Inside the nest, serve the hot sweetbreads champignons. Decorate with pancetta chips and ciboulette.
Beef sweetbreads: a unique product that is worth trying.
Chef: María Martina Möller
Recipe presented at the National Chef Competition organized by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the National Meat Institute (INAC) and the National Institute of Viticulture (INAVI). Published in the book “A Tour Throught The Senses. Uruguay Natural.”