Champignon and leak stuffed rose meat with carrot and sweet pepper sauce served with green peas puree, tomato brochette and potato crisp.
1. Rub salt all over the rose meat and let stand for some minutes.
2. Sauté julienned leak and champignons in a frying pan.
3. Put the staff on the rose meat.
4. Roll the beef and its stuff.
5. Wrap in aluminum foil.
6. Cook in moderate oven until the beef is tender.
Garnish with: Sweet pepper and carrot sauce (sweet pepper and carrot liquidized with broth, salt and pepper, and a touch of cream), green peas puree, tomatoes brochetted in rosemary and round potato chip.
Rose meat: Source of proteins and nutrients of delicious taste, that can be prepared to be served cold or hot.
Tannat wine. Young, rose wine. Perfumed, fruity, soft.
Chef: Marcos González
Recipe presented at the National Chef Competition organized by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the National Meat Institute (INAC) and the National Institute of Viticulture (INAVI). Published in the book “A Tour Throught The Senses. Uruguay Natural.”